**Coronavirus - an important message to our patients**
The current Coronavirus Pandemic is causing significant challenges to our surgery, we are taking multiple steps to minimise risk to our patients and keep the surgery running.
Please consider whether you really need to contact the surgery over the next few weeks?
Please note the following points that will help us cope in the weeks ahead:
- We would urge all patients to think carefully before requesting a GP appointment, especially for more minor ailments, or non-urgent matters. Consider using the 111 Online service instead.
- We ask patients not to physically attend the surgery unless instructed to do so, or to collect medications - in order to protect others.
- We would also urge patients not to order extra medication, or order earlier than usual, as this will create shortages in medications for others.
- As of 29th March, patients considered most vulnerable - known as 'At High Risk' or 'Shielded' patients will have been contacted by letter advising them to isolate for 12 weeks. These patients were identified nationally, not by Penryn Surgery. There may be some additional patients who will be included in this group but who have not received a letter yet. This group of patients will be identified by Penryn Surgery and contacted. We are awaiting guidance on identifying these patients, which is due w/c 30th March, and will contact those patients directly. Please do not contact the surgery to enquire about your status.
- A lower risk group than those above, known as 'At Risk', are those patients who are usually offered their flu vaccinations each year. These patients ARE NOT being sent a letter, but should take social distancing precautions are per the government guidelines found here:
- we have postponed the majority of routine annual checks, our reception team will be contacting those patients affected individually.
- we have ensured continued access to a GP, this will be initially via a telephone call. Online booking has been suspended.
- Isolation notes
for patients self-isolating for up to 14 days can be obtained here ISOLATION NOTE - please do not contact the surgery for these.
Thank you all for your support during these challenging times.
****Please DO NOT ATTEND the surgery under any circumstances if you have a fever or a new cough****
The latest government advice for patients on Coronavirus can be found in the link below which is updated daily:
Like and follow us on Facebook for all the latest updates and information
The Choose Well campaign is designed to help people choose the best place to get treatment if they fall ill, freeing up emergency services to help those most in need.
It’s important that you help yourself – and your local NHS – by playing a part and taking greater control of your health
**** STAFF VACANCIES ****
Any vacant position will be advertised here...
Qualified dispenser required to work at our Penryn Surgery and Market Street pharmacies in Penryn.
Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
To work between the hours 08.15 and 18.15 Monday to Friday and holiday & sickness cover for 09.00 – 13.00 on Saturday as required
Full time or part time hours considered
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mr Ryan Ohly, Business Manager
Closing date: 24th April 2020
(Site updated 07/04/2020)